London Jobs Board
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to join our team based in London. This is an immediate start position who will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a salary of £18,000 – £22,000 per annum.
Hours: Monday – Friday 9/10am – 5/6pm
City Rooms are a growing Property Lettings company leading the way in the ever-growing flat-share market.
Reporting directly to your Head of Finance, the Accounts Assistant will have a wide range of responsibilities within the Finance team. You will be looking after the day-to-day processing of purchase ledger invoices, maintaining the bank reconciliation and clearing all backlogs, producing sales invoices, chasing debtors, dealing and recording expenses, assisting with month-end presses and assisting the team with various ad-hoc accounting tasks.
Responsibilities of our Accounts Assistant will include:
– Monitor and keeping an active sales ledger, purchase and nominal ledger account data
– Maintain the AR and AP ledgers and ensuring reconciliation to the General Ledger
– Verify customer balances and account reconciliations
– Daily input of invoices onto the internal system and accounting systems, ensuring correct coding
– Responsible for resolving or assisting in accounts related issues raised by clients, and authorities
– Monitor, identify and escalate customer accounts with rent arrears
– Responsible for bank reconciliation and posting of cash receipts
– Set up new supplier accounts with suppliers and the companies own internal accounts system
– Process and record a high volume of direct debits
– Maintain accounts, complete applications and write-offs as directed by credit control
– Assist with monitoring various mailboxes and respond to finance queries
Skills and experience required of our Accounts Assistant:
– 2-3 years of accounting experience; can be a mix of education and/or on-the-job experience.
– Educated to degree level or have the equivalent work experience;
– Working towards an Accounting Certification (such as AAT, ACCA/CIMA, but not exclusively)
– SAGE 50 experience is preferable but is not essential
– Proven experience within a similar financial role
– A self-starter, able to see what needs to be done and do it with little management
– A strong communicator with the ability to work and liaise with individuals across departments
– A team player with an eye for detail and a proactive attitude
– Excellent computer skills Word and Excel with a good head for numbers and spreadsheets
– Solid organisational skills, ability to work to deadlines, able to prioritise a varied workload
– A quick learner, adaptable work effectively under pressure in a calm and measured attitude
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required to become our Accounts Assistant, please click ‘apply’ now – we would love to hear from you
Register your CV and be found by over 10,000+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV