London Jobs Board
RISK is a fully independent function whose mission is to advise the bank’s top management on risk appetite, to provide fast and reliable information about the risk profile, to offer high quality risk measurement/quantification and risk management expertise to the group’s stakeholders as well as to foster risk anticipation.
The position sought is for a Business Analyst (BA) within Risk SYSTEMS. This team is responsible for the full range of business analysis tasks across both user-driven and regulatory projects addressing both methodological and systems aspects. The BA role is pivotal to the successful delivery of change projects providing a common dialogue and understanding between the various delivery teams involved. Furthermore, the role provides risk domain expertise to assist the project managers in their planning and tracking of projects in line with the project governance of the department.
More specifically, this role will be related to the launch of a Valuation Adjustment optimization program and the contribution of the RISK Systems in such optimization / industrialisation. In terms of the day-to-day aspects of the role, these encompass:
· Requirements gathering and functional architecture design:
o Work with wide range of stakeholders (Quant teams, Risk Managers, Front Office) to understand and document business requirements, document changes to technology systems and contribute to functional architecture of software systems
o Use desktop tools to extract and analyse data to understand current state and specify changes
o Use diagrams to communicate different aspects of functional architecture to stakeholders
· Technical solution facilitation:
o Work closely with development teams within RS to ensure requirements are understood and technology solutions are designed and built to a high quality standard
· Testing Strategy and Orchestration:
o Design and execute testing plans for solutions to validate that business requirements have been met and system performance meets expectations
o Work with RISK SYSTEMS Service Transition to manage the deployment of new solutions to production environments, including user on-boarding and training as well as supporting the development of operating models
· Ad-hoc Analysis:
o Support the management in providing analysis to help the bank respond to regulatory enquires or estimate potential cost and complexity of future software deliveries
· Presentation and Reporting
o Generate reporting and presentations tailored to specific audiences to keep sponsors and stakeholders informed of progress
In addition to contribution to change projects you will additionally be expected to acquire and continually develop your understanding of:
o Regulatory frameworks for financial institutions
o Financial derivatives and pricing
o Software delivery lifecycle methodology
· Technical skills and qualifications
o Excellent academic background (strong mathematical, analytical and quantitative skills are advantageous)
o Proven BA experience
o Sound understanding of Market Risk discipline.
o Keen interest in and understanding of software project delivery
o Understanding and experience of working with IT systems, coupled with an ability and curiosity to understand key aspects of risk methodologies.
o SQL knowledge is a must ; Software development experience is a bonus, can be acquired on the job, but we are looking for quite a technical profile.
o Experience of Agile / SAFe practices.
· Soft skills
* Proficient written & oral communication with the ability to tailor presentation of complex information to a range of different audiences
* Excellent organisational and time management skills
* Excellent spoken and written English (French would be a plus)
* Motivation and ability to work collaboratively as part of a global team,
* Motivation and drive to develop a career in technology in financial institutions
* Curios, able to learn quickly and results driven
* Capacity for critical thinking & ability to exercise good judgement with a strong sense of responsibility
* Proactive and structured approach to addressing or resolving problems, taking initiative and showing high levels of responsibility to see issues through to resolution
* Challenges the ‘status-quo’ to drive improvements for the team
· Preferred experience/skills
o A minimum of 5 to 10 years in the banking industry
Register your CV and be found by over 10,000+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV