London Jobs Board
To lead on the development, review and delivery of strategic communications plan to support the portfolio review and curriculum framework project.
To lead planning, development and delivery of communication and engagement strategy to support the transformation agenda for the project and engage and inform key stakeholders.
To deliver the tactical communications actions and monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness.
Main activities and responsibilities
1. Lead on developing a robust communications and engagement strategy and campaign for the portfolio review and curriculum framework project.
2. Collaborate with colleagues and senior stakeholders across LSBU to develop, review and implement effective communications on the project that support the project goals in line with best practice.
3. Lead on stakeholder engagement, planning and ongoing management of the communications for the project.
4. Develop and deliver associated communications materials and activities, working in partnership with other teams, and ensuring they are engaging and relevant to stakeholders.
5. Advise on appropriate content, channels and support, rooted in an understanding of key stakeholders.
6. Align communications with not only the project aims and objectives but also linked to the organisational vision, goals and objectives
7. Ensure communications approach underpins the positive impact of change to staff, students and other key stakeholders, taking on board the evolving internal / external factors and needs from the project board.
8. Build relationships with other colleagues within the brand and Communications team and within the marketing department, to deliver joined up communications for the project.
9. Carry out any other duties of a similar nature and of a commensurate level, as determined from time to time by the Director of Brand and Communications.
1. A professional communications qualification or strong experience in change communications and stakeholder engagement
Experience / Knowledge
1. Strong understanding of change and the implications of taking individuals, teams and organisations on a change journey
2. Extensive experience of developing, writing and editing high quality, engaging communications for a wide range of audiences and channels
3. Proven experience of leading and delivering on communication strategies and tactics specifically to support change programme goals, including risk
4. Experience of advising senior staff and stakeholders on landing complex change in the most effective ways
5. Knowledge of communication channels and how to use different channels to maximise effectiveness
6. Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to translate complex information into clear and accessible messages for different audiences
7. Strong organisational, time management and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines and a wide range of stakeholders
8. An independent self-starter with good influencing skills and the ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism, accuracy and attention to detail
Teamwork: Actively seek to promote positive and open working relationships, co-operating and liaising with others to achieve goals. Building and maintaining an environment of cooperation and trust within the team.
Communication: Communicate regularly, clearly and effectively with staff using the full range of appropriate communication methods.
Customer Service Excellence: Actively seek feedback on your work and respond to it in a positive way that meets the needs of our students, staff, clients and partners.
Initiative: Be willing to go beyond the normal constraints, and apply lateral thinking approaches to problem solving and to question and challenge the status quo in ways which improve quality and performance.
Management Effectiveness: Plan, co-ordinate and maximise resources in an effective way that meets the needs of a changing environment and realises the corporate objectives of the University.
Flexibility to work outside of normal hours as required
Please note Salary is pro-rata
Register your CV and be found by over 10,000+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV