London Jobs Board
Job Purpose and Context:
* Deputise for the Chef Manager, managing every aspect of catering within the location (care home) ensuring that the service provided to customers supports happy living, is of a high quality and meets their dietary needs.
* To lead the catering team delivering food safety standards and health and safety requirements.
* Deliver a catering service.
* Compliance with food safety and health and safety procedures.
* General supervision of catering assistants on shift.
* Prepare, cook and serve appetising and nutritional meals, snacks and drinks to customers in line with implemented seasonal menus.
* Operate services within catering budget.
* Manage kitchen stock and purchase food in line with purchasing procedure.
* Complete kitchen audits and checks in line with food safety and health and safety regulations.
* Responsible for effectively supervising catering assistants whilst on shift, managing any performance concerns as and when they arise.
Outcomes of Duties:
* Customers’ dietary needs are met.
* Customers receive meals at appropriate times of day.
* Satisfactory food safety and health and safety audits.
* No enforcement letter from Environmental Health Officer.
* No infection control issues.
* Low colleague turnover.
* Scorecard results.
* Proven chef management experience with a recognised catering qualification
* Basic knowledge of dietary requirements relating to older people.
* Health and safety legislation including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH)
* Safe use of knives and kitchen equipment.
Qualifications and Mandatory Training:
* Intermediate / Level 3 food hygiene certificate.
* Cater craft or similar catering qualification.
* Customer Focus (Understands customers’ needs, wants and behaviours to anticipate, meet and wherever possible exceed their expectations.)
* Developing & Supporting People (Works alongside colleagues and encourages own and team’s development in the delivery of great customer service.)
* Decision Making (Takes ownership for decisions made and the potential consequences of those decisions.)
* This role is Ad-Hoc. Meaning that there will be various shifts that you may be required to undertake with short notice periods at times.
* This role is based in a variety of locations, some of which include London, Surrey, Leeds, Suffolk. Upon application, please state the location you would prefer to be based in.
* Bank holidays and weekend shifts rates tend to differ from the regular rate
Register your CV and be found by over 10,000+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV