London Jobs Board
Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to our client. CBRE are looking for a Lead Resident Engineer to support the initial mobilization and commissioning phase of the new site before continuing to manage and deliver operational service post-handover. The Lead Engineer will manage operational delivery by ensuring that safe, compliant and effective technical performance is always achieved.
* Acting as a key focal point for technical, quality and safety at client site
* Building and maintaining strong relationships with the client and act as a conduit for both technical and operational matters.
* Conducting regular formal inspections to ensure quality of work and optimum performance is attained.
* Supporting workflow planning and contributing to the ongoing development of cost effective maintenance strategies through close working with the Contract Manager.
* Identify opportunities to enhance maintenance and repair operations to ensure that the most efficient solution is being provided without disruption to site operations and customers.
* Undertaking investigations and support PIR reports in relation to any operational incidents.
* Manage their PPM & Reactive works schedule to ensure all tasks are completed on time
* Lead by example liaising closely with the Helpdesk, Contract Support & Compliance teams to ensure operational excellence
* Trained ‘’Superuser’ for mobile and app technology solutions and associated workflow procedures for our CAFM systems.
* Support the Contract Manager and hold regular knowledge calls and team meetings to act as safety champion, share best practice, technical guidance, Safe systems of work (SSOW) and Toolbox talks and wider client standards.
* Monitor supplier performance and ensure PPMs are completed within time and Risk assessments and method statements are completed and are fit for purpose.
* Undertake regular site inspections and safety walks as directed to ensure that all technical aspects and documentation are compliant and any asset deficiencies reported through the correct channels.
* Actively contribute to asset strategy, maintenance strategy and life cycle planning, ensuring that asset performance is optimized, risks are identified and escalated as required.
* Identify key areas of business risks and collate in the business risk register to enable mitigation and informed business decision to be made.
* Ensure that site services documentation, O&M manuals and drawings are available for operational teams, are stored appropriately and teams are made aware of their existence and location.
* Manage job queues for planned, remedial and reactive workflow and analyze site performance and identify the change initiatives required to deliver high performance, removing the potential for job failures.
* Act as first line response to technical issues, where appropriate liaises with operational colleagues throughout the incident to ensure full resolution. Provides reports after each incident to capture root cause and ensure that any wider business impact is communicated and acted upon.
* Provides regular updates and written reports to the Contract or Compliance Manager as required.
* Play a leading part in specialist community groups, Electrical, Water, Combustion and gas as appropriate.
* Develop collaborative relationships with key framework suppliers to ensure delivery against contractual and commercial commitments. Check RA/MS, contractor safety procedures, review service reports, audit the works and support Contract Support in reviewing quotes to ensure best value for money is attained.
* Supports HSE policy on safe systems of work by regularly monitoring POWRA, permit to work arrangements related to technical aspects of safe working including, but not limited to, working at height, electrical safety, confined spaces, pressure systems, mechanical services, combustion and gas systems.
* Monitors HSE performance of work activities under their control, and takes appropriate and timely action to control risks, escalate issues they cannot resolve and promote positive HSE behaviors to all stakeholders.
* Comply with business continuity plans and support the roles of First aider, BICs and Fire warden duties.
* Essential – Experience in operating with Infrastructure, buildings and assets services. Must have more than 5 years’ experience of technical operations.
* Essential – Served a recognized apprenticeship or equivalent and qualified to minimum C&G level 3 technical certificate or equivalent in e
* Electrical or mechanical engineering.
* PASMA Certificate
* IPAF Certificate
* A good communicator who can translate complex technical matters into understandable language to suit a variety of audiences
Register your CV and be found by over 10,000+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV