London Jobs Board
Project Planner – Data Centres
Home Based (but South East preferred)
£100k + Package
Kenton Black International is excited to be working with this international specialist in the design, build, and operation of data centres.
Following a sustained period of growth and success there now exists an exciting opportunity for a Project Planner to join the business.
Applicants must have a proven track record of the development of project schedules from client RFPs to construction close out and operational mobilization, for multiple large scale data centre projects. Candidates must be able to efficiently sequence concurrent works to deliver projects within extremely tight timeframes.
Responsibilities and expectations will include but not be restricted to –
• Developing and thereafter managing the programming for conceptual and live data centre project schedules, globally.
• Developing a Project Team master programme schedule.
• Develop and manage generic construction programmes to deliver various size data centres globally, inclusive of critical build sequencing, JIT procurement and delivery of key plant & equipment, and ensuring clients have early access to the data halls while construction is still being completed and commissioning is underway.
• Advise on a project to project basis on the correct and most suitable construction methods to use depending on timeframes and budgets.
• Integrate multiple schedules into a master programme schedule, baselined with full critical path integration.
• Assist the delivery team with customer RFP information master schedule for each project bid, in preparation for presentation to the customer.
• Advise on scheme buildability based on client delivery deadlines.
• Prepare detailed project schedules, inclusive of project milestones, contracted client drop-dead dates and critical path for each project.
• Assist the Project Team and QS in the preparation of contract tender information by including signed off milestone and critical programme dates.
• Review, analyse and comment on contractor’s construction programme during tender review to advise on the feasibility of the construction programme.
• Input into the development of cash flow forecast with the project QS, based on construction and procurement schedules.
• Review, comment, input and agree to the contractor’s construction programme.
• Attend virtual weekly construction progress meetings with the contractor and Project Team.
• Schedule and hold virtual bi-weekly programme update meetings with the contractor’s planner and report progress to the Project Team for client and board reporting.
• Review and input into monthly project cashflow updates.
• Monitor, review and advise on construction sequencing during the project to ensure the delivery schedule is maintained/optimised throughout the project.
• Provide the Project Team look ahead information for project reporting against critical path and milestone tracking.
Qualifications & Experience required –
• Relevant Construction / Engineering degree.
• Minimum of 5 years large scale construction project management experience.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience using MS Project or Primavera P3 or P6 and MS Excel
• Proficient in BIM scheduling.
• Subject matter expert using MS Project to manage schedule and supporting of detailed schedules.
• A background of working on large scale data centres is preferred, however experience on other major, complex M&E critical services construction projects is also acceptable.
Although initially a home based role, a location commutable to the South East is preferred.
For further information and to express interest, please send a CV to (url removed)
Register your CV and be found by over 10,000+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV