London Jobs Board
We ware working with a well established food manufacturers to recruit a QA Technologist. You will be required to work on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern on days. In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary.
To support the quality manager in the maintenance and control of the site quality assurance and food safety standards, to support the company is meeting all legislative and customer requirements in food safety, quality, and legality. At all times, you must deliver and support the company’s objective set within the quality policy and other related intergroup policies.
As a quality technologist you are expected to deliver the global standards set out in BRC food guidelines, OFSS standard and other necessary technical / quality requirements set by the company and customers.
* To support the quality manager / site technologist to co-ordinate the formulation and maintenance of Company Quality Policy and Procedures and conduct internal audits to ensure compliance in line with BRC standards, OFSS any related customer requirements.
* To assist the quality manager in specific projects and quality related issues where necessary. To ensure that they are promptly updated on any food safety, legislative and quality issues including product withdrawal and recall at site. To support in product recall or trace exercise to deliver all papers and supporting evidence.
* To manage and advise on required hygiene standards within the factory and warehousing through liaison with intercompany representatives. Ensuring that any non- conformance is communicated and executed in a timely manner with intercompany representatives.
* To manage customer complaints log & investigations
* To own and manage the GMP audit system
* To liaise with the factory to support investigations into nonconforming products
* To complete traceability exercises
* To provide training in aspects of quality as required on Induction and education of staff on quality and food safety related duties, manage training matrix
* To liaise with the factory to support investigation and closure of SAP complaints
* Work with other functions to embed Quality principles throughout the site
* To assist with the maintenance the OFSS supplier approval system in accordance with group procedures.
* To ensure, through Quality Assurance of incoming materials and production processing, that all products manufactured or bought in are within specification and meet customer requirements, and to drive compliance and continuous improvement throughout the site, demonstrating a passion for quality and safety standards.
* To support the quality manager during all site audits with customers and 3rd party approval audit and ensure timely closure of non- conformance and training where necessary.
* To assist with shelf-life and product testing.
* ensure that all activities carried out within the manufacturing operation meet current Food Safety legislation.
* Any additional project and administration duties relevant to customer demand and changes within the quality systems.
* Good communication skills and ability to continually drive quality culture throughout the site team
* Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Microsoft word, Excel, Power point
* Experience of internal audits, product sampling
* Proficient with web-based systems and retailer specification systems
* Food science degree or equivalent
* Min. HACCP level 2 qualification
Register your CV and be found by over 10,000+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV