London Jobs Board
The marketing and communications function at Octopus is a Centre of Expertise within Octopus. This means that all the brand, marketing and comms activity across our financial services businesses and parent company is a centralised resource for the group and sits in one team, reporting to a single Brand & Marketing Director. This role is part of the currently four strong Corporate Communications team within the Marketing Centre of Expertise.
Octopus Investments provides a growing number of expert investment solutions that solve a range of niche tax planning scenarios for investors. Our primary audience is the financial adviser community in the UK (approx. 27k of them!) who we rely upon to distribute our products.
Over the last five years Octopus has also rapidly grown its institutional funds under management with institutional offerings across four sectors where we have market leading positions: renewable energy, early stage companies, commercial real estate debt, healthcare and retirement real estate. You'll be working alongside our institutional sales team, fund management teams and ESG leadership to hit our ambitious fundraising targets.
In addition to growing our institutional funds under management, we are also focused o
consolidating Octopus’ position as a leading retail fund manager specialising in tax efficient investments.
Significantly increasing our funds under management from institutional investors while supporting the development of our brand strategy for Octopus Investments is one of our most important objectives over the next few years, and this role is a chance to be part of that growth story.
Role in a sentence (purpose and vision for the role)
We’re looking for a brilliantly talented communications professional to join our growing Corporate Communications team to create impactful communication strategies and campaigns to support our retail and institutional fundraising targets. The person in this role will act as a deputy to the Head of Corporate Communications.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Senior Communications Manager with a financial services background to work within the Marketing COE, reporting to our Head of Corporate Communications. You’ll love this role if you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, thinking creatively and delivering impactful communications strategies. The person in this role needs to be action and results oriented, and highly analytical and structured in their approach to delivery.
You will be responsible for building and protecting Octopus Investments’ brand, providing strategic counsel and support across the retail and institutional fundraising programmes. You will need to demonstrate how communications can add value and drive business outcomes.
Working alongside the rest of the in-house communications team, you will also be responsible for managing internal stakeholders to optimise the communications strategies and delivering excellent press office services to journalists.
You will need to be able to hit the ground running supported by a strong press contact book of personal finance, investor and adviser trade press, as well as institutional media. The person in this role needs to love thinking creatively about how to make the business relevant to its target press, as well as maintaining our share of voice in our market leading product areas.
Core responsibilities will include:
Strategy & delivery
* Develop and implement the communications strategy for Octopus Investments to support our retail and institutional fundraising targets, and build our reputation in the market as 1) a market leader in tax efficient investments 2) credible institutional fund manager in our areas of expertise (renewable energy, early stage companies, commercial real estate debt, healthcare and retirement real estate).
* Work collaboratively with the relevant marketing leads to deliver integrated marketing and communications strategies for the business with a content led approach.
* Developing an impactful thought leadership programme as part of our communication strategy centred around campaign led activity with media cut through.
* Responsible for identifying any reputational risks to the business early on to ensure messaging is managed effectively across all communication channels. You will need to be confident and comfortable managing crisis communications and presenting to senior management.
Measuring success and budget management
* Ability to manage budgets and deliver clear, results-focused reports to outline ROI to the business
Register your CV and be found by over 10,000+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV