London Jobs Board
On behalf of our client, an established bank based in London, we are looking for a Senior Financial Crime Officer to join their team.
The main function of the role will be to ensure our client is compliant with:
2019 Money Laundering Regulations, Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, JMLSG guidelines, FCA regulations with respect to Anti Money Laundering, Counter, Terrorist Financing, and Sanction Screening.
Responsibilities will include:
* To ensure the satisfactory completion of customer due diligence on new and existing relationships and on-going monitoring obligations in accordance.
* To ensure client on-boarding is conducted to the necessary standards by the first line for high risk customers.
* Ensure independent reviews are completed for higher risk transactions and client relationships (at on-boarding and periodic review) in line with policy requirements. To escalate exceptional
* Transactions or relationships to the MLRO. This includes PEPs and Correspondent Banking relationships.
* Responsible for the transaction monitoring of the high risk transactions and oversight of the suspicious activity monitoring system, including cash transactions.
* To assist the MLRO in the implementation and delivery of a financial crime programme (i.e. anti -money laundering, anti-fraud, combating terrorist financing and anti-bribery and corruption) to
* Monitor compliance across all relevant parts of the companies business.
* To lead on the review of any Trade Finance transactions (where this business is pursued).
* Carry out other ad-hoc investigations, projects and reviews under the direction of the MLRO including Fraud investigations.
Skills & Knowledge required:
* Graduate with at least a 2:1 degree.
* Minimum of 5 years of relevant Compliance experience in a financial crime and/or client on boarding role.
* Knowledge of relevant financial crime regulation required. Knowledge of real estate lending, fraud investigation, correspondent banking and trade finance business preferred. Ability to work independently and on you own initiative as and when required.
* Able to analyse customer files and identify areas of weakness and be able to report findings.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Able to conduct effective investigations in line with Bank policy.
* Excellent presentation and listening skills.
* Strong work ethic and willing to work non-traditional hours when required.
* Knowledge of how to collect and preserve evidence.
* Consistent drive to succeed.
* Willing to travel
Register your CV and be found by over 10,000+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV