London Jobs Board
An experienced Senior Land Manager is required to enhance the Land Team in identifying and acquiring development sites.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and securing suitable land opportunities on favourable terms for residential-led, mixed use redevelopment, with the ability to analyse the sites planning merits and value-add opportunities, along with being responsible for ensuring the site delivers the required financial returns.
The Department is also responsible for managing any land and commercial property assets owned by the Division and so experience in this field would be an added benefit (but not essential)
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Follow leads and source land opportunities.
* Be experienced in negotiating and finalising deals with both landowners and agents.
* Maintain a high profile with external property contacts by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with key stakeholders. This will include key persons at local authorities, local agents and land owners.
* The Land team work closely with other departments within Berkeley. The candidate must have the attributes to work as part of a wider team with the Technical, Build, Sales and Finance teams to ensure the land acquisition process, management and delivery is effective.
* Instruct and manage consultants effectively in relation to land acquisition and planning stage disciplines.
* Appraise a site to establish land value and writing reports on your findings, including preparation and collation of land acquisition packs for Main Board Approval.
* Good legal knowledge in relation to acquisition contracts. Experience of commercial and RP disposals as well as relevant property litigation would be a benefit.
* Give presentations on new sites to both internal and external stakeholders.
* Be well versed to host public engagement and consultation events.
* Understand planning legislation and working closely with planning teams to assess suitability for development and the likelihood of achieving permission for a variety of developments
* Realise the full development potential of a plot of land
* Manage existing commercial assets and dispose of newly constructed assets.
* Liaise with vendors and external companies to arrange site surveys
* Provide survey companies with all relevant site information
* Manage budgets and programmes effectively.
* Experience in Land Acquisition, Development and Planning.
* Competent use of main computer software packages
* Enthusiastic, driven and determined to succeed
* Thorough and detailed
* Analytical thinking skills and problem solving
* Able to use your initiative and be self-motivated
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of planning, politics, construction and market conditions
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Register your CV and be found by over 10,000+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV