London Jobs Board
An exciting opportunity for a Tunnel Shift Engineer has arisen on our Thames Tideway project.
Thames Tideway Main Works East is a £604m Costain-Vinci-Bachy joint venture (CVB) to provide a new sewage storage and transfer tunnel from Chambers Wharf to Abbey Mills (MNTLD) and a connection tunnel between Greenwich Pumping Station and Chambers Wharf (GRECT).
As the Tunnel Shift Engineer, you will be responsible to the Tunnel Section Engineer for the execution of your individual responsibilities.
* Manage and control your section of the work according to agreed programmes, approved RAMS and ITP’s ensuring relevant QAQC records are taken and processed
* Conversant with all required documentation associated to the relevant section of work
* Working on an 10hr shift pattern with a 7 days on, 2 days off roster and every third cycle a 3 day break
* Ensure construction is safely delivered to programme
* Construction is delivered within budgets and targets
* Assist in the personal development of all staff
* Successful experience as a site engineer in TBM works.
* Knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
* Appreciate the need for temporary works and any outside influences affecting site operations.
* Understand, and check where necessary, all schedules such as reinforcement drawings
* Develop ability to monitor and interpret results and act on information.
* Understanding of geotechnical issues which can affect tunnelling
* Use your knowledge to plan routine jobs and determine the best process and procedure to mitigate key engineering and quality risks.
* Experience in TBM tunnelling ideally with Slurry machines
* Understanding of Slurry Treatment Plant principles
Qualifications & Training:
* Degree or equivalent level qualification in Civil engineering, Mining or Tunnelling
* At least 1-2 years in the role of Site/Tunnel Engineer
* SMSTS card
* CSCS Card
* TSTS and 6151 Training for underground access
* Working towards membership of a professional body (preferred)
Register your CV and be found by over 10,000+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV