London Jobs Board
Site Manager – Platform Screen Doors
Purpose of the Job
To support the Business to enable the contractor to efficiently honour their contract through the coordination of interfaces, interrogation of his programme, and the monitoring and reporting of progress for an area of responsibility.
* Completing daily reports; keeping the Project Construction Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance.
* Supporting interfaces between the assigned principal contractor and other adjacent or follow-on contracts on site.
* Interrogating the contractor’s Work Programme and liaising with the contractor to seek notice of activities and interventions.
* Providing support to the Project Field Engineer in monitoring Contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan, and in resolution of NCRs and Snag List items at contract level.
* Monitoring and supporting the contractor’s compliance with Environmental, Safety & Health requirements, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required. Checking there is a satisfactory level of health and safety through taking reasonable care of own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role
* The implementation of the Review and Acceptance of Safe Systems of Work Procedure.
* Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to Target Zero principles.
* Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
* Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
* Supporting the Business in monitoring the progress of the works against programme and tracking site activity
* Supporting the Business in managing interfaces with other contracts and third parties beyond the contractor’s control.
* To ensure contractor compliance with safe methods of railway working
* Management of site activity across multiple principal contractor’s green field sites and work on operational Rail for London and LU Infrastructure
* Experience of managing the construction of significant value packages of work on comparable major project infrastructure works
* Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
* Leadership experience of site-based and railway ES&H processes and procedures
* Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors
* Familiar with railway operational requirements
* Previous experience of installing / maintaining platform screen doors (desirable)
* MUST hold a valid NR Sentinel PTS qualification
As part of a shift pattern, the successful candidate must be available to work nights, Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays
Register your CV and be found by over 10,000+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV