London Jobs Board
Site Surveyor / Estimator – Windows
Location: Greater London
Salary/Rate: £45,000 plus /annum
Job Title: Site Surveyor / Estimator – Windows
Competitive salary / Company car or allowance / mobile phone / Company Pension
Are you a timed-served joiner who would like to move to window surveying/estimating? If so, please read on:-
Duties & responsibilities of the surveyor:
The successful candidate will be responsible for confirming all specification details with our clients, measuring structural openings and confirming manufacturing sizes to pass on to our CAD design team. You'll need to undertake surveys for windows and doors for manufacture and installation. The Surveyor will also be responsible for taking templates of special shaped, arched and curved openings for production.
Surveyor Key Tasks
* Carry out site surveys and confirm window and door specification details with clients.
* Confirm any additional requirements to the original quotation and obtain confirmation of acceptance.
* Assess onsite conditions that may impact on installation.
* Produce survey documentation to be passed to the CAD team for drawings to be produced.
* Take photos of site to be used at later stages of the project.
Skills required of successful Surveyor
* Ideally some fenestration experience
* Strong team player capable of using own initiative
* Confident, resourceful and able to prioritise
* Self-motivated and conscientious with good attention to detail
* Proficient IT user
* Good communication / interpersonal skills both verbal and written
* Basic understanding of construction Health & Safety Rules.
* Experienced in use of measurement tools and techniques used in site survey applications.
* Very accurate in capturing information and site sizes to ensure delivery of projects on time and to the right specifications.
* Good hand drawing skills and ability to make clear notes
* Experience in a similar role a bonus
* Good general education – as a minimum GCSE Maths and English
* Physically fit and able to carry out site related tasks
* Clean Driving Licence
* If you have experience in joinery or surveying and would like to utilise those skills and move into window surveying, please let us know
* Neat and concise preparation of handwritten and computerised documentation
* Ability to multi-task and deal with numerous contracts and parties simultaneously
* Confident and self-motivated with a positive attitude and excellent organisational and planning skills
* Ability to prioritise workload
* A keen eye for detail with an ability to foresee and communicate potential issues.
* Trustworthy and reliable
* Excellent communication skills Good timekeeper
Here at The Original Box Sash Windows Company we’ve helped protect and prolong the beauty of period homes and streets for more than 40 years. Since our earliest days in London we’ve supplied top quality bespoke windows and doors to thousands of town and country properties that still look fabulous today.
Beautiful, solid and expertly fitted, what we make lasts, and with our lifetime guarantee customers come back to us time and time again. Hardwood timber windows, French doors, bi-fold doors and front doors; we do it all.
As the company who developed double glazed timber sash windows, we’re justifiably leaders in the marketplace. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the leading organisation in this market. Please apply online for this surveyor role, with your CV and covering letter
Register your CV and be found by over 10,000+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV