London Jobs Board
Solution Director – Oracle Upgrade (Remote) – £750 a day negotiable (inside IR35)
* 9-12 months+ contract position, a Solution Director with specific experience of large scale Oracle upgrades/migrations is required to join the project team in a large government client.
* Immediate start, based remotely from anywhere in the UK during lockdown followed by possible limited on-site (1-2 day per month onsite, the rest is remote).
* Rate: £750 a day negotiable, based on skills/experience, inside IR35
We are looking for a delivery-focused Solution Director with significant prior experience of setting strategy, directing and delivering a solution deployment. The client is a large central Government department and is looking to carry out a business critical upgrade to their Oracle on-premise infrastructure, so the role will involve the Solution Director immersing themselves in the business drivers behind the upgrade, developing strong bonds with the business stakeholders, collaborating with the technical architects and delivery team as well as ensuring a smooth transition to the service management team.
The project is expected to be a 9-12 month programme of works.
Essential Skills Required:
The Solution Director will be expected to:
* Have very strong Oracle migration knowledge and experience
* Develop and maintain strong business relationships with key decision makers within the client as well as drive relationships with other internal and external stakeholders
* Drive the entire project lifecycle and act as a point of escalation and resolution for unresolved client issues
* Explore, design and validate solutions to applicable enterprise standards
* Be capable of presenting solution designs at applicable governance forums, e.g. design authority forums, with senior stakeholders. Credibility in presentation skills to align stakeholders, e.g. in situations where there is misalignment in expectations between competing stakeholder groups.
* Experience of working with architecture stakeholders at enterprise level (domain architecture stakeholders, enterprise architects, data architects, etc.)
* Proven capability of “owning” deliverables and driving resolutions/outcomes.
* Ability to mentor and oversee technical resource to ensure solution is implemented to the design.
* T-shaped; not someone who wants to stick to a pure role remit. Would suit someone from a strong consulting/SI background
* Strong influencer, capable of making clear recommendations based on evidence and sound rationale that is clearly articulated.
* Familiarity with Government Digital Service standards (GDS), project stages and public sector ways of working is desirable
* Solid understanding of good data governance and data management principles.
Due to the sensitive nature of the client environment, SC Clearance may be required. Applicants will need to be located in the UK and have the ability to be security cleared, or have current transferable clearance already.
Please enclose your CV. Fast interview and decision-making process
Register your CV and be found by over 10,000+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV