London Jobs Board
Position: Technical Officer x 3
Client: LHC, Uxbridge
Salary Package: £34,884 per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
Greenacre Recruitment are excited to be working exclusively with LHC to source 3 x Technical Officers to join their rapidly expanding team. The 3 Job Roles are as follows:
* Technical Officer – New-Build Construction (Domestic/Commercial) x 1
* Technical Officer – Refurbishment, M&E and Energy Efficiency Measures x1
* Technical Officer – Fire Safety Works & Services x 1
The LHC mission is to be the recognised centre of excellence for procurement in the UK by ensuring that every pound spent on the construction and refurbishment of public buildings and social housing adds to the quality of life enjoyed by the communities they serve.
They are looking for three enthusiastic, committed, personable and pragmatic professionals with
demonstrable knowledge of the building and construction sector to support the Group Technical
Managers providing technical research and support services to Technical Procurement Operations
and the wider LHC Group. Each role has a specific area of technical bias which would be advantageous for applicants, but a broad construction awareness would also be complimentary.
General duties would broadly include the following activities:
* Research and create technical tender and evaluation documentation templates.
* Provide advice, guidance and support to LHC Group on Technical Framework matters, including change management relating to contractors, performance and quality standards.
* KPIs formulation, implementation, collection and reporting for management actions
* Provide proactive management of all annual & cyclical review of framework operators.
What you will be doing:
* The roles are central technical procurement positions to support the TPO team in delivering quality framework products to the LHC customer facing regions. As such you will be officed based in Uxbridge with minimal end client or site engagement.
* The successful candidate will through regular communication and interaction with suppliers, professional bodies, clients, and colleagues aid in the development delivery of a full range of procurement frameworks and services to LHC Members / clients. The role is primarily research based with a technical bias to assist in the development of pre-tender framework specifications for numerous building packages which includes both new build and refurbishment works. Although roles are technically swayed towards a specific area of specialism you will be required to assist the general team dependent upon workload.
* Evaluation of bids also forms a pivotal aspect of the daily duties where tender submissions that are received are scored against technical ability, regional ability, and cost for the proposed service(s). As the LHC has Regional Business Units (RBU`s) covering the three Nations of the UK mainland, framework applications can be large in number and complex due to regional legislation and social values. Effective tracking and an eye for detail is therefore required during the evaluation stage which requires a fair proportion of data entry and ability to perform scoring in spreadsheets.
* The Technical Officers focus will be to maintain effective liaison and contact with all relevant parties during framework development to ensure satisfactory outcomes that meet LHC clients’ expectations. There after they will assist in the conducting of post contract reviews and annual audits for the benefit of all parties – the client, LHC and the appointed company – identifying areas for continuous improvement.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Greenacre Recruitment Limited who are operating as an employment agency and business
Register your CV and be found by over 10,000+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV